Tip #7 For Earth Day – Buy Products From REAL Environmental Companies

Posted by on April 22, 2012 at 8:00 am

  Happy Earth Day!  Our 7th and final tip for what has been a great Earth Day Week is “Buy products from REAL environmental companies.”  The reason this is more important than ever is because in a world of “spin marketing,” companies are trying to make their products look green to trick you into buying […]


Tip #6 For Earth Day – Look Into Solar Power At Home

Posted by on April 21, 2012 at 8:35 am

  Our 6th Earth Day week tip is one that will be looked at as more of a mid-long term investment rather than an immediate low cost fix and that is solar power at home.  When putting this article together we ran across many different sources which all said the costs, savings and other numbers […]


Tip #5 For Earth Day – Buy Local Farm To Table Food

Posted by on April 20, 2012 at 9:26 am

When considering why to buy local, consider this… Only about 10% of the fossil fuel energy used in the world’s food system is used in production; the other 90% goes into packaging, transportation, and marketing. Food Travels On Average 1,300 Miles From Farm To Table – 3 Reasons To Buy Local   Most fresh fruits […]


Tip #4 For Earth Day – Use That Recycling Bin!

Posted by on April 19, 2012 at 8:28 am

  Everyone knows using that recycling bin is the right thing to do for the planet & with programs like “single stream” recycling out now, it has never been easier.   No need to separate or sort, you can put all your recycling in the same container.  Cans, bottles, paper, aluminum & plastic containers can all […]


Tip #3 For Earth Day – Stop Using Pesticides & Chemical Fertilizers On Your Yard

Posted by on April 18, 2012 at 10:39 am

  Here are just a few shocking statistics about chemical fertilizers, herbicides & pesticides.  According to the U.S. National Wildlife Federation, the average suburban lawn receives 10 times as much chemical pesticide per acre, per year, as farmland.  Also, where pesticides are used, 60-90% of earthworms are killed, earthworms are extremely important for maintaining soil […]